Saturday, January 7, 2012

NO BAKE ENERGY BITES

I LOVE ANYTHING THAT SAYS "NO BAKE" AND ANYTHING THAT HINTS TO ADDED "ENERGY". I GOT SOME OF THESE "ENERGY BITES" FOR CHRISTMAS AND I REALLY ENJOYED THEM AND THEY ARE SUPER EASY TO MAKE.
I ALSO LOOKED THEM UP ON THE INTERNET FOR ADDED INFO ON THEM AND I FOUND THIS SITE THAT HAD A VERY SIMILAR RECIPE.
No-Bake Energy Bites
(makes 18-20 bites)
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter
(or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed (I couldn't find ground so I used whole. I probably will grind them a litte next time.)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
I added an additional
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
I omitted coconut this time, but I think I will add it next time to see how it is.
Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy! Store in an
airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
SIDE NOTE: MY HONEY WAS A LITTLE THICK SO I MICROWAVED IT TO GET IT RUNNY, HOWEVER, WHEN I POURED IT IN IT MELTED MY CHOCOLATE CHIPS SO MY BITES ARE MORE CHOCOLATELY THAN THE ORIGINAL ONES AND THE PICTURE ON THE ORIGINAL SITE.

No comments:

Post a Comment