Thursday, April 26, 2012

GREEN SMOOTHIES

Original recipe from this link  Drink this daily and watch the pounds come off without fuss. The recipe is two handfuls of baby spinach, 1 cup of chunk pineapple, 2 bananas, 1 cup of yogurt and 1 cup of filtered water. Blend well and enjoy!   I made a half recipe with a few changes and it was still a full cup and a half.
Ok, this recipe has 554 calories as is, but it makes a ton of shake and maybe you could share it with someone, I knew however, that I couldn't drink it all and felt that was really alot of calories to give first thing in the morning because I like to eat evenly through the day.  I also really like to have a protien shake in the morning, therefore, I made a few personal changes and it was still very yummy and a few less calories, which I think I can still tweek.

My recipe:
1 Large handful of spinach
1/2 cup chunk pineapple
1 scoop protien powder
1 banana   (at 110 calories I think I will try 1/2 banana next time)
6 oz. dannon greek vanilla yogart (120 calories so I may cut this in half as well because protien powder gives it enough creaminess)
handful of cubed ice
1/2 cup water
Calories for this recipe is 490 which is slightly less but by cuting down on the banana and the yogart you can shave off another115 calories off of the smoothie bringing it down to 375 calories.  I really think it is a personal decision on what and how much you want to consume for breakfast.
Blend in blender for what seems like forever,  I did not want any stringy stuff left from the spinach in my drink.
I really felt full after drinking this and had no regrets eating (or drinking) spinach for breakfast.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment