Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mock Almond Roca

I meant to post this last year, but I forgot. This is a recipe that is traditionally something my family makes every Christmas. It's great to give to neighbors as a treat and pretty much addicting once you start eating it! I was going to take a picture but, I gave a lot of it away and ate the rest before I could! Oh well.

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 bag semi-sweet choc. chips
1 cup chopper almonds
approx. 40 saltine crackers

Directions:
Lay soda crackers on a cookie sheet lined with foil that has been greased. On the stove, melt butter and brown sugar and boil for 2 minutes. Pour over the soda cracker and bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Let them melt for a minute or so and then spread it evenly over the top. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Put in the fridge and allow it to cool. When cooled, you can break it up into bite size pieces. Make sure that you have removed all the foil. Sometimes it's a little tricky to get off. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment